Need to Patent Your Invention or New Idea?
Can’t find an Affordable Patent Attorney or Affordable Patent Lawyer?
Accupatents is a solo patent agent firm founded in 2007 with the purpose of providing affordable patent protection to independent inventors and small-medium businesses.
How Can You Benefit from Accupatents?
- Low Overhead. We are a solo patent agent firm working in our home office. We do not utilize office staff to manage our business.
- Flat-Fees. Whenever possible we work on flat-fees – fixed-fees.
- Affordable Hourly Rates. When working on an hourly rate, our rates are significantly lower than many patent law firms with offices and staff.
- Patent Prosecution Experience. We have been preparing patent applications and performing patent prosecution in the USPTO since 2007.
- No Outsourcing. We do not outsource our patent prosecution to any other firms.
- Responsive. We respond promptly to client inquiries whether by telephone, fax, letter or e-mail.
- Direct Communication. Our clients communicate directly with a registered patent agent without communicating through office staff.
- Full Disclosure. We provide our clients with the most impartial information available to us so that clients can make informed decisions before proceeding with any patent prosecution matters.
- Small-Medium Business Experts. Our business focus and experience is with servicing independent inventors and small to mid-sized businesses, not large corporations.
- Electronic Filings. Accupatents normally files all USPTO patent prosecution documents electronically using the USPTO electronic filing service.
(Note:Patents are one type of IP law – intellectual property law, but not the only type. A patent agent does NOT provide any trademark services, copyright services, or attorney services as might be provided by some IP law firms.)
Why You Should Avoid Low Cost, High Volume Online Patent Services
USPTO patent applications must be drafted carefully and must contain a full disclosure of how to make and use your invention, along with a carefully drafted claim set that contains the legal scope of the patent.
Certain high volume online patent services are aggressively marketing low cost patent services to inventors. Inventors are not always being informed that these low cost services are preparing high volume, “assembly line” patent applications and Office Action responses by sub-contracting with various patent professionals to prepare these patent documents. These subcontractors usually receive very low fixed fee compensation for their services and they must operate in high volume mode. The very low fees paid to these subcontractors makes it difficult for them to draft high quality documents.
Accupatents makes serious efforts to keep fees as reasonable as possible without sacrificing quality. We’re not a high volume, low quality patent application factory. We perform all the work within our own firm, including patent searches. We do not outsource our patent applications to low-paid subcontractors like some “discount” patent services do.
Our Business Principles
- We are committed to full honesty and integrity in dealing with our clients. We never misrepresent any facts or mislead you in regard to any issues
- We seek to provide you the best value we can for your investment in time and money to obtain a patent
- We emphasize personal service and effective communications with our clients.
- As a registered patent agent, I am bound by the non-disclosures rules mandated by the US Patent and Trademark Office
- We look forward to assisting you!
Obtain a Free No-Obligation Telephone Consultation with a Registered Patent Agent
During your free telephone consultation we will review with you issues affecting patentability of inventions, the USPTO patenting process, and some possible options you may want to consider for patenting your invention.
Please Note: Our telephone consultations do not involve a “sales pitch”. We cannot predict if you will receive a patent on your invention. Patentability of your invention can only be determined by the USPTO after you have filed a non-provisional patent application. Also, we cannot quote you any fixed fees to prepare your patent application until we have first examined your full invention disclosure. Fixed Fees are not available for all inventions.
To obtain a no charge telephone consultation with a registered patent agent, please call us at the phone number below, or else contact us using the contact form on the right side of the page. When using the form, please make sure to include your correct email address. We will not give out your email address or send you spam.
Phone: (862) 290-3470